In this Intermediate level class, you’ll learn how to alter a pattern for slacks to make them fit you best! Join Linda K. to learn tips and techniques to help you make the most of a store-bought pattern for pants!
In this class, you’ll discuss the pant style that flatters YOUR figure and be comfortable to wear. You will learn how to take your measurements, compare them to the measurements of the pattern so you can make alterations unique for you. This class is great for men, women, or young adults alike who are interested in sewing clothes for yourself or your loved ones.
In this two-night class, you will learn:
- how to take body measurements
- calculate alternations needed for a store-bought pattern
- cut, assemble and sew pattern pieces
- common notions and tools you need for sewing
- make any addition alterations needed to finish out the project
What You’ll Need to Bring:
- Your sewing machine and accessories
- a store-bought pattern for pants or slacks, such as Butterick B0464 (pattern should include sizes larger than your pant size)
- Method for taking notes
- Your enthusiasm for sewing
Level: Intermediate, previous sewing experience required
Dates: Thursdays, April 20 and April 27
Time: 6:00pm – 8:30pm
Instructor: Linda K.