If you have always wanted to learn to sew but never got around to it, now is your chance. In five simple classes you will learn to make a cute tote bag, pillow case, and pull on pants.
(Download the materials list for this class)
- Your sewing machine in good working order, including your owner’s manual
- Sew Easy Pajama Pants Pattern by Cindy Taylor Oats
- Extra Bobbins for your machine
- Sewing Machine Needles (size 11 – 16)
- Tissue Paper for tracing patterns
- Bent Handle Shears (at least 7” blade)
- 1 yd. cotton fabric and thread to match for Tote Bag
- 1 yard cotton for main body of pillowcase and 1/3 yard for band
- 1 fabric Fat Quarter
- Seam Ripper
- Fabric Marker (Pencil, Chalk, or Ink)
- Pins and Pin Cushion
- Tape Measure & 6” Seam Gauge
- Magnetic Seam Guide (optional)
Dates: Fridays – June 21, 28, July 12, 19, 26 (Please note there are no makeup classes.)
Time: 6:00pm-8:30pm, each session
Class Fee: $125
Register and Pay Online
Please complete name, phone, email and machine to reserve your seat for the class. If you have special needs, such as mobility or dietary, please let us know in the message.
There is a $10 fee if you need to rent or borrow a machine for class.
The NWSC Registration & Cancellation Policy can be found on our website.