Our quilt class on Wednesdays in July features the “Checkered Dresden” design! Join Ms. Terri to create a beautiful crafted quilt. Bring your fellow quilting buddies to make this class even more fun!
This Dresden quilt is made using a jelly roll! You could also cut up left over fabrics from your stash into 2½ inch strips. This quilt is such a beautiful twist on a traditional pattern.
What You’ll Need to Bring:
- Your quilting machine and usual notions, such as pins, seam ripper, glue stick, rotary cutter, marking pen, cutting mat, and point turner, etc.
- MSQC Dresden Plate Template
- 1 Jelly Roll of Fabric
- 5¾ yards of background fabric (Terri bought 3½ yards and cut the background squares smaller to reduce the amount of leftover fabric)
- 2 yards print fabric for borders and center of blocks
- ¾ yard for binding
- 7½ yards for back of quilt
- ½ yard lightweight fusible
Both MSQC products can be bought at Northwest Sewing Center at a 20% discount once you pay for your seat in the class.
—–MSQC $5.99 + tax (discounted price)
—–MSQC Dresden plate ruler $6.80 + tax (discounted price)
Date: Wednesdays, July 5, 12, 18, 26
Time: 6:00pm – 9:00pm