In this 3-night class, you will make a Christmas tree quilt straight and tall using your favorite fabric while learning new quilting techniques. This project is jelly roll friendly and you’ll have leftover strips for another tree. Go traditional green solid or batik, or you can use your own tree color.
- Your sewing/quilting machine in good working order, including your owner’s manual
- Calico Patch Design – Christmas Tree Braid
- 24 – 2½ inch green fabric strips (or you can use a jelly roll but you won’t use all of the strips)
- 2 yards cream fabric
- 1/8 yard gold fabric
- ¼ yard red fabric
- 1/8 yard of fabric cut to measure 9″ x 21″ in purple fabric
- 1/8 yard of fabric cut to measure 9″ x 21″ in brown fabric
- ½ yard of dk green fabric for border
- fusible web
- Lite Steam a Seam 2 (helpful to bring)
- basic sewing/quilting notions & supplies, such as pins, fabric scissors, seam gauge, stitch ripper, notebook, fabric marker/chalk, pen and pencil.
The pattern design and select notions/supplies are available at NWSC with a 20% discount once you pay for your seat in class.
Dates: Mondays, Oct. 15, 22, & 29
Time: 6:00pm – 8:30pm
Cost: $70 (class fee only)
Instructor: Colette W.
Register and Pay Online
Please complete name, phone, email and machine to reserve your seat for the class. If you have special needs, such as mobility or dietary, please let us know in the message.
There is a $10 fee if you need to rent or borrow a machine for class.
The NWSC Registration & Cancellation Policy can be found on our website.