In this class, you’ll use your own measurements to create a customized, easy, floaty skirt that is perfect for any holiday party or celebration. You’ll walk away with a go-to skirt that you can make again and use anytime of the year! You’ll learn how to: how to plan the skirt layout; attach crinoline netting (horsehair braid) for a smooth hem; attach ribbing for a stretch waistband and topstitch.
- Your sewing machine in good working order, with accessories and owner’s manual
- Your sewing notions and supplies, including thread, seam ripper, etc.
- Fabric required to make skirt varies based on several measurements – Try this online circle skirt calculator!
- Coordinating thread
- 1/4 yard ribbed stretch-knit for waistband
- approx 6 yards of 1″ crinoline netting (aka horsehair braid) (optional)
- 12” zipper (optional)
Date: Sunday, July 21
Time: Noon to 3:00 pm
Register and Pay Online
Please complete name, phone, email and machine to reserve your seat for the class. If you have special needs, such as mobility or dietary, please let us know in the message.
There is a $10 fee if you need to rent a sewing machine for class.
The NWSC Registration & Cancellation Policy can be found on our website.