With lacy citrus slices and delicate white blossoms, this beautiful cutwork apron might make a hostess think of inviting the ladies for lunch, serving chicken salad on tea sandwicheswith key lime tarts for dessert and all the while everyone will admire this lovely apron. In this class, you’ll use cutwork embroidery to create this cute apron design. This class is part of NWSC’s Kimberbell Embroidery Club.
Cutwork Embroidery is a technique where specific areas of fabric are cut out along buttonhole stitches or satin stitch outlines. Cutwork is sometimes referred to as ‘Embroidered Lace’ because of its open appearance. For this project, you’ll cut through the apron BUT NOT the stabilizer to create the luscious orange, lemon and lime slices.
Show and Tell will begin promptly at 6:00pm, project time starts promptly at 6:15pm and meeting time will end promptly at 8:30pm.
Bonus design and kit for customers who attend all 12 club classes. You’ll get a loyalty card that will be punched for each session you attend to qualify for a bonus 13th design.
What You Need to Bring
- Your embroidery machine in good working order, including your owner’s manual
- Your 5x7 hoop and comparable size(s) for Janome or other brand machines
- USB stick, a computer will be available for you to download the design files you need to your USB
- Notions such as scissors, seam ripper, tweezers, point turner, water soluble pen or chalk pencil
- appliqué scissors,
- Kimberbell tape
- Extra needles
- Club punch card
- Show & Tell project
- Orange, yellow, green embroidery thread and any color you like for the orange blossom flower & stem
- Any color thread you like for the orange blossom flower & stem
- Brown, grey or black for the orange blossom stamen
- White embroidery bobbin thread
Date: Tuesday, December 10, 2018
Time: 6:00pm – 8:30pm
Seats: Maximum of 8 participants
Cost: $40 (includes $25 class fee and $15 material kit: apron)
Register and Pay Online
Please complete name, phone, email and machine for this club class. If you have special needs, such as mobility or dietary, please let us know in the message.
The NWSC Registration & Cancellation Policy can be found on our website.