Featuring a sophisticated combination of textiles like linen and wool, the Flower Zipper Clutch comes in three sizes. From durable cork to dainty calicos, create your own aesthetic by trying a different fabric medium for each petal. Unlike traditional machine embroidery applique where the design is secured with a satin stitch, raw
edges of the pretty petals are surrounded with whimsical outline stitches. The clutch is fully lined, plus Kimberbell makes installing a zipper remarkably easy in-the-hoop.This class is part of NWSC’s Kimberbell Embroidery Club.
Show and Tell will begin promptly at 6:00pm. Project start time begins promptly at 6:15pm. Meeting time will end promptly at 8:30pm.
Bonus design and kit for customers who attend all 12 club classes. You’ll get a loyalty card that will be punched for each session you attend to qualify for a bonus 13th design.
What You Need to Bring
- Your embroidery machine in good working order, including your owner’s manual
- Your 5x7 hoop and comparable size(s) for Janome or other brand machines
- USB stick, a computer will be available for you to download the design files you need to your USB
- Notions such as scissors, seam ripper, tweezers, point turner, water soluble pen or chalk pencil
- appliqué scissors,
- Kimberbell tape
- Extra needles
- Club punch card
- Show & Tell project
- Cut-away stabilizer
- Fabric A: Main Fabric and Back 1 Fat Eighth (9 x 21 inches)
- Fabric B: Lining 1 Fat Eighth (9 x 21 inches)
- Fabrics C-F: Applique Petals Fabric Scrap
- Fabric G: Applique Flower Center Fabric Scrap
- Kimberbell PaperTape
- 7” Zipper
- Batting 6 x 7 inches
- aqua, coral red, mustard yellow, lime green, orange and white embroidery thread
- White embroidery bobbin thread
Date: Tuesday, April 9, 2019
Time: 6:00pm – 8:30pm
Cost: $25 class fee ($10 material kit is optional, additional purchase)
Register and Pay Online
Please complete name, phone, email and machine for this club class. If you have special needs, such as mobility or dietary, please let us know in the message.
The NSWC Registration & Cancellation Policy can be found on our website.