The keys to free motion quilting are information & practice. In Free Motion 101 class, we learned some of the basics and practice free motion following printed designs. In this 201 class, we will free ourselves to quilt without lines and embellish our quilts with ‘modern’ quilting.
This class is your chance to learn & practice more basics of free motion quilting. You will learn:
- about setting up your machine and work area
- helpful tools & supplies
- thread tension
- securing threads when you stop/start stitching
- tips for smooth, even stitching
- marking your project to help with free-free motion
- keys to learning free-free motion designs
- step by step practice of several designs, including stippling, pebbles, loops, swirls, flowers & stars
- reference list for more information & inspiration
Check your registration email for the supply list to be prepared for class.
Important pre-requisite: You must have taken the Free Motion 101 class (or an equivalent) and have basic free motion quilting skills and a very good familiarity with your machine.
Date: Saturday, April 28, 2018
Time: 2:00pm – 5:00pm
Fee: $40.00 (including $30 class fee and $10 materials kit)
Register and Pay Online
Please complete name, phone and email to reserve your seat for the class. If you have special needs, such as mobility or dietary, please let us know in the message.
There is a $10 fee if you need to rent or borrow a machine for class.
The NSWC Registration & Cancellation Policy can be found on our website.