Ever wanted to learn how to use free motion quilting templates with your sewing/quilting machine? If so, this class is for you! Learn the ins and outs of free motion quilting using templates and rulers.
This class is for beginning free motion quilters–or for owners of a Sew Steady table and Westalee templates who want more ruler work practice. You’ll start with simple designs and progress to more complex design by the end of class.
- your sewing/quilting machine in good working order
- extension table for your machine, such as custom Sew Steady table (optional for class, but makes FMQ easier)
- Westalee 6 piece Sampler Template Set #1
- Westalee Ruler Foot Starter Package
- 4 solid/plain fat quarters
- 2 cuts of 21″ x 18″ batting (each sized to sandwich between 2 of the fat quarters)
- light/neutral colored quilting thread
Purchase of the Sew Steady/Westalee template set and ruler foot starter package is required on or before the day of class. You get a 20% discount from NWSC once you secure your seat for the class.
The Sew Steady table, template set and ruler package are sold separately at NWSC. You’ll get a 20% discount for the price of the template set and ruler package once you pay class fee. Just call the shop at (512) 459-3961.
Date: Saturday, August 31
Time: 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Cost: $55.00 (Sew Steady table, template set and ruler package sold separately)
Register and Pay Online
Please complete name, phone, email and machine to reserve your seat for the class. If you have special needs, such as mobility or dietary, please let us know in the message.
There is a $10 fee if you need to rent a machine for class.
The NWSC Registration & Cancellation Policy can be found on our website.