Start the new year with a new skill! If you’ve ever wanted to expand your sewing or quilting skills with machine embroidery, this class is for you.
In this class, you’ll learn the basics of machine embroidery, including: stabilizer options, types of needles and threads, selecting designs, design positioning, hooping techniques, stitch-out variables, as well as troubleshooting and making corrections.
- Your embroidery machine in good working order, including your owner’s manual, power cord, etc.
- Small hoop (4 x 4 or larger)
- Light colored hand towel with nap
- Tear-a-way stabilizer
- Embroidery Thread (3 to 5 colors)
- Embroidery Bobbin Thread (white)
- basic embroidery notions & supplies, such as rotary cutter, ruler for cutting fabric, pins, fabric scissors, stitch ripper, fabric marker/chalk, etc.
Embroidery thread and select embroidery notions/supplies are available at NWSC with a 20% discount once you pay for your seat in class.
Date: Wednesday, January 16
Cost: $75.00 (includes class fee only)
Instructor: Linda F. & Colette W.
Register and Pay Online
Please complete name, phone, email and machine to reserve your seat for the class. If you have special needs, such as mobility or dietary, please let us know in the message.
There is a $10 fee if you need to rent or borrow a machine for class.
The NWSC Registration & Cancellation Policy can be found on our website.