Learn basic machine embroidery, any brand, any model. We will be learning how to do embroidery machine applique in the hoop. We will be making an appliqué angel drawstring bag.
Date:Saturday, October 5, 2019
Time: 10am to 1pm
Instructor: Linda F.
• Your embroidery machine with embroidery unit and power cord in good working order
• Embroidery foot and needle
• Embroidery hoop large enough for 5.5″x 5.5″ design
• Bring your owner’s manual just in case
• 11” x 26” piece of white heavy cotton (like denim, bottom weight) for body of bag
• 1 scrap (at least 5 x 5) of blue or light blue lightweight fabric (can be anything) for angel’s dress
• 1 scrap (at least 5 x 5) of white fabric (can be anything) for angel’s wings
• Tear-a-way stabilizer (enough for at least one hooping in your large hoop)
Ribbon & Embroidery Thread
• 80” long piece of ½” ribbon for drawstring pull, cut in 2 pieces
• Blue or light blue thread for dress
• White or silver thread for wings
• Flesh color thread for face and arms
• Pink and dark pink thread for cheeks and lips
• Brown thread for outline of face and arms, eyes
• Yellow for hair
• White bobbin thread
• white embroidery bobbin thread
Notions & Additional Supplies
• your usual sewing/embroidery notions and supplies, such as fabric markers, rulers, fabric scissors, applique scissors (or small, sharp scissors) seam ripper, extra embroidery needles, etc.
Register and Pay Online
Please complete name, phone, email and machine to reserve your seat for the class. If you have special needs, such as mobility or dietary, please let us know in the message.
There is a $20 fee if you need to rent a machine for class.
The NWSC Registration & Cancellation Policy can be found on our website.