Make a beautiful wall hanging using straight seam piecing with curved results! No curved piecing will be done in this class. You will learn to create blocks with curved pieces and top-stitch a curved area without actually sewing any curved pieces.
To ensure you spend time in class, piecing and sewing your wall hanging together, please pre-cut the fabric before attending class, per pattern instructions. If you don’t want to cut fabric for the project, the instructor will provide a materials kit with all pre-cut fabric for $45.
Date: Saturday, August 10
Time:10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Optional Materials Kit: $45 (includes all pre-cut fabric for project)
- Your sewing/quilting machine with accessories in good working order, including your owner’s manual
- Mexican Stars pattern by Southwind designs, available at NWSC
- 1½ yard light color fabric for background
- ½ yard dark color fabric for star points
- ¼ yard medium color fabric
- ⅓ yard medium must-colored fabric
- 1 yard backing fabric
- 36″ x 36″ piece of batting
- ⅛ yard bright accent fabric
- ⅓ yard binding fabric, up to 2½ inch wide
- rotary cutter
- cutting mat
- non-permanent glue stick
- neutral 100% cotton sewing thread,
- 100% cotton thread to match dark and light fabric
The Mexican Star pattern is available for purchase at NWSC with 20% off retail price once you pay for class. ($7.20+tax, regularly $9.00)
Register and Pay Online
Please complete name, phone, email and machine to reserve your seat for the class. If you have special needs, such as mobility or dietary, please let us know in the message.
There is a $10 fee if you need to rent a sewing machine for the class.
The NWSC Registration & Cancellation Policy can be found on our website.