Witch hats and spiders and pumpkins, oh Mylar! Machine embroidery is our favorite new way to decorate. These designs will definitely add sparkle to your Halloween party.
String several of the shapes together for a ghoulish garland, use as a gift bag topper, or accent for scrapbook pages. This class is part of NWSC’s Kimberbell Embroidery Club.
In this class, you’ll learn to make a shimmery, free-standing pumpkin shape with tulle/organza and colored mylar. As meeting time allows, you can make another shape in class.
Show and Tell will begin promptly at 6:00pm, project time starts promptly at 6:15pm and meeting time will end promptly at 8:30pm.
Bonus design and kit for customers who attend all 12 club classes. You’ll get a loyalty card that will be punched for each session you attend to qualify for a bonus 13th design.
What You Need to Bring
- your Show & Tell project
- Your embroidery machine in good working order, including your owner’s manual
- Your 5x7 hoop and comparable size(s) for Janome or other brand machines
- USB stick, a computer will be available for you to download the design files you need to your USB
- Notions such as scissors, seam ripper, tweezers, point turner, appliqué scissors, water soluble pen or chalk pencil
- Kimberbell tape
- Extra needles
- Club punch card
- Show & Tell project
- Orange, brown black, purple embroidery bobbin thread (fill one bobbin each with colored embroidery thread)
- Orange, brown, black, purple embroidery thread
Date: Tuesday, October 9, 2018
Time: 6:00pm – 8:30pm
Seats: Maximum of 8 participants
Cost: $35 (includes $25 class fee and $10 material kit)
Facilitator: Determined on a session-by-session basis.
Register and Pay Online
Please complete name, phone, email and machine for this club class. If you have special needs, such as mobility or dietary, please let us know in the message.
The NSWC Registration & Cancellation Policy can be found on our website.