Learn how to use Mylar in your embroidery! The Mylar technique adds an iridescent shimmer that doesn’t require using metallic thread! This is a BYOP class: Bring Your Own Project, such as a garment, large bag, pillowcase or quilt block…AND bring your machine to try out the Mylar technique for yourself. Join Ms. Rita in this class to add some shimmer to your next project!
In this class, you’ll use a beautiful ‘initial’ design or any of the Purely Gates Mylar designs. These designs work best with:
- a 5 x7 or larger hoop.
- a non-knit project without a seam in the embroidery area
- fabric such as denim, cotton or twill.
Check out samples of other Mylar projects.
What You’ll Need:
- your machine with a hoop that accommodates 5 x7 embroidery area or larger.
- a non-knit project without a seam in the embroidery area made offabric such as denim, cotton or twill.
- coordinating embroidery thread to match your project
- your usual sewing notions
Date: Thursday, July 20, 2017
Time: 6:00pm – 8:30pm
Fee: $30.00 (including $25 class fee and $5 kit fee which includes mylar sheet & stabilizer)
Required: Additional purchase of a Mylar design CD of your choice is required on day of class for $39.99 + tax. This is 20% off regular price of $49.99.