Sew Fun! Make a beautifully crafted, and precision sewn wall hanging in this three-session class using the “Fireworks!” design by Possiblities (currently out of print). If you want to learn the “paper-“piecing” technique for quilting and sewing, this class is for you!
In this three-session class, you will create small, precise blocks with perfect points using the paper-piecing method to create a stunning wall hanging for your home (approx 34″ x 34″). You will use your sewing machine to complete this project. Register by June 24 to secure your spot in this class!
Notions, and a great variety of beautiful fabrics are available for purchase at the shop. You receive a 20% discount once you secure your seat for this class!
What You’ll Need:
- Your sewing machine with your regular foot and ¼” inch foot
- Your regular sewing notions, such as scissors, seam ripper, rotary cutter, pins, 12” quilt ruler
- Package of Foundation Paper by Carol Doaks
- Crib size quilt batting (or a 40″ x 40″ cut)
- 1/4″ Add a Quarter Ruler
- Neutral 50 wt. thread
- 75/11 size needles
- Glue stick
- Four 10″ squares of fabric
- 1/6 yard each of about 45 fabrics in darks, mediums and lights (Scrap fabric will work too!)
- 1 yard fabric for the back of the wall hanging
- 2 cuts of 1/4 yard fabric for the border (color coordinating colors)
- 1/3 yard for binding
Date: Saturdays, June 24, July 22, and Aug 26t
Time: 1:00pm – 5:00pm
Class Fee: $60
Pattern Fee: $5.00 to be paid to instructor on first day of class