We have all heard the sage advice…. “Measure twice. Cut once.”
But we also know that there is more to it than measuring and cutting. This class will include tips for prepping the fabric for cutting and best practices for clean cuts and true measurements. Students will work with Half-square triangles to create a mini Star quilt that incorporate the techniques learned.
- Your sewing/quilting machine with a ¼” foot, machine accessories and your owner’s manual
- Cutting tools, including rotary cutter, ruler and mat
- Marking pen/pencil/chalk
- 1 Fat Quarter each of 2 colors
- ½ yd of background color (or 2 fat quarters)
- basic sewing/quilting notions & supplies, such as rotary cutter, ruler for cutting fabric, pins, fabric scissors, stitch ripper, fabric marker/chalk, etc.
Date: Sunday, August 18
Time: 1:00pm to 4:00pm
Cost: $75 (includes class fee only)
Instructor: Dawn G.
Dawn is from Rockin’ G Quilts. She is an award-winning quilt designer and long arm quilter who resides in Austin TX. She is currently the President of the Austin Modern Quilt Guild.
Register and Pay Online
Please complete name, phone, email and machine to reserve your seat for the class. If you have special needs, such as mobility or dietary, please let us know in the message.
There is a $10 fee if you need to rent a sewing/quilting machine for class.
The NWSC Registration & Cancellation Policy can be found on our website.