Our quilt class on Wednesdays in May features the “Quilt As You Go” method! Join Ms. Terri to create a beautiful circle design quilt. Make a twin-sized quilt top or just create a smaller sized table runner for this project! Bring your fellow quilting buddies to make this class even more fun!
The greatest part of this quilt method is that you can use your scraps of batting that you have left over from other projects and finish your quilt as you go. The circle quilt design is a great way to practice some of your decorative stitches. Ms. Terri will also show you how to do a “straight strip” technique that is super easy.
What You’ll Need to Bring:
- Your quilting machine and usual notions, such as pins, seam ripper, glue stick, rotary cutter, marking pen, cutting mat, and point turner, etc.
- A good-sized circle template, such as the Flip n Cut by Omnigrid
- 7 yards of focus fabric for the front
- 2 separate cuts of 3 and 5/8 yards of coordinating fabric for the back
- Twin-sized quilt batting (or enough batting scraps to make 99-5 and 1/4 inch squares
- Neutral and color coordinating quilting thread
Dates: Wednesdays, May 10, 17, 24, and 31
Time: 6:00pm – 9:00pm, same time each session