Join Ms. Linda in this skirt class to create a modern, straight skirt with a fitted waist. You’ll learn how to to make body measurements, creating a custom pattern, insert a zipper, sew in a facing, and finish the side slits. Knowledge and experience sewing simple items is helpful for this class.
- Your sewing machine in good working order, including foot pedal, power cord, and your owner’s manual
- 1 length of 45” fabric if your hips are less than 42”, otherwise, 2 lengths
- 1 spool all-purpose thread
- 1 matching 7 – 9” skirt zipper
- Iron on interfacing
- Basting glue or tape
- ½” wide clear tape
- Pattern paper (I use freezer paper from HEB)
- Basic sewing supplies (pins, needles, thread, scissors, measuring tape, ruler, pencil, etc.)
- Sew What! Skirts How to Make Skirts Without A Pattern, a spiral bound book by Francesca Denhartog & Carole Ann Camp
The Sew What! Skirts book is available at NWSC for discounted price of $13.95 +tax once you secure your seat for the class. (Regular price is $16.95)
Select sewing notions/supplies are also available at NWSC with a 20% discount once you pay for your seat in class.
Dates: Wednesdays, October 16 & 23, 2019
Time: 6pm to 8:30pm
Class Fee: $75
Instructor: Linda F.
Register and Pay Online
Please complete name, phone, email and machine to reserve your seat for the class. If you have special needs, such as mobility or dietary, please let us know in the message.
There is a $10 fee if you need to rent a machine for class.
The NWSC Registration & Cancellation Policy can be found on our website.