In the Sewing Basics class, you’ll learn a lot of what you need to know before you embark on learning how to sew. Join Linda K. to begin your journey into the world of sewing.
In this class, you’ll learn all you you need to know before you learn to sew. This class is great for youth and adults alike who are interested in fashion, quilting, and home decor and is recommended as a pre-requiste to our Beginning Sewing I class.
In this class, you will learn:
- how to take body measurements
- what different types of fabric are made out of and how fabric is woven
- how to sew fabric with printed designs
- common notions and tools you need for sewing
- how to read and interpret a pattern
- and much more
You’ll experience will be full of hands-on activities with fabrics, patterns, notions and your machine and its accessories.
What You’ll Need to Bring:
- Your sewing machine and accessories (optional, but highly recommended)
- Method for taking notes
- Your enthusiasm for sewing
Level: No previous sewing experience required
Date: Friday, April 14
Time: 6:00pm – 8:30pm
Instructor: Linda K.