Get started on your holiday projects! Create a beautiful and simple Christmas stocking using 1” grid fusible interfacing and Christmas fabric. You also will learn how to create diagonal binding from stripe fabric. This is a great opportunity to use your scraps that are at least 3” squares.
Date: Saturday, November 23
Time:2:30pm to 5:30pm
Optional Materials Kit: $25 (includes all pre-cut fabric for project)
(Download PDF list of fabric/materials)
- Your sewing/quilting machine with accessories in good working order, including your owner’s manual
- Quarter inch foot and standard sewing foot
- Red fabric: 12 – 2 7/8” squares
- Green fabric: 12 – 2 7/8” squares
- Gold fabric: 12 – 2 7/8” squares
- White fabric: 22 – 2 7/8” squares
- Christmas print fabric: ½ yard for Stocking Back
- White fabric (separate cut): ½ yard for Stocking Lining
- Stripe Fabric: 1 Fat Quarter or 1/3 Yard for Binding (striped looks best but not necessary)
- Neutral thread
- Cutting mat and ruler
- Rotary cutter
- 1” grid, on-point fusible interfacing (Available at NWSC)
- Iron and pressing pad
- Permanent Marker & water soluble pen
- Your usual sewing/quilting notions, including washable glue stick, seam ripper, scissors, straight pins
Basic machine sewing skills and the ability to sew a straight line are necessary for this class.
Pattern is included in price of class. If you don’t want to cut fabric for the project, the instructor will provide a materials kit with all pre-cut fabric for $25.
Register and Pay Online
Please complete name, phone, email and machine to reserve your seat for the class. If you have special needs, such as mobility or dietary, please let us know in the message.
The NWSC Registration & Cancellation Policy can be found on our website.