In this two-night class, learn how to make 6 different block patterns using a strip piecing method. This technique allows you to make up to 6 different hexagon blocks. The pattern booklet also provides 8
beautiful quilt patterns using the strip pieced method. A kit to create a table topper with your blocks is included with the class.
- Your sewing/quilting machine in good working order, including your owner’s manual
- Sizzlin’ Sixties Pattern by Heather Mulder Peterson, Anka’s Treasure Publishing
- Sewing machine needles
- Neutral color piecing thread: White or beige
- Gold metallic thread
- Sewing bobbins
- Rotary Cutter (with sharp or new blade)
- Small Cutting mat (8” x 11” or 12” x 12”)
- 6” x 12” ruler
- 60 Degree Equilateral Triangle 12.5” ruler
- Small iron and ironing mat
- basic sewing/quilting notions & supplies, such as pins, fabric scissors, seam gauge, stitch ripper, notebook, fabric marker/chalk, pen and pencil.
- 8 – 2 ½” x 44” strips colored print/span>
- 1 – 4 ½” x 44” strip background
- 3 – 1 ½” x 44” strips inner border
- 3 – 3” x 44” strips outer border
- 4 – 2.5 x 44” strips binding
- Backing fabric
The 60 Degree Equilateral Triangle ruler and select notions/supplies are available at NWSC with a 20% discount once you pay for your seat in class.
Date: Thursdays, Oct. 25 and Nov. 1
Time: 6:00pm – 9:00pm
Cost: $60 (includes class fee and kit fee)
Register and Pay Online
Please complete name, phone, email and machine to reserve your seat for the class. If you have special needs, such as mobility or dietary, please let us know in the message.
There is a $10 fee if you need to rent or borrow a machine for class.
The NWSC Registration & Cancellation Policy can be found on our website.