From the first snow flurry of fall through Valentine’s Day this charming snowman will melt your heart. In this class, you’ll use embroidery, quilting and sewing skills to make a patchwork pillow top (8.5 x 8.5 finished size). This class is part of NWSC’s Kimberbell Embroidery Club.
Our snowman features a chenille cuff on his hat and the cursive backstitch sentiment is expertly embroidered in the hoop. You’ll sew a pinwheel block and piece all the elements together on your sewing machine, then finish with a classic quilt binding for the perfect piped border.
Important Note: You’ll work through as many embroidery, quilting and sewing steps during class time, and you may need to finish at home, if needed.
Show and Tell will begin promptly at 6:00pm, project time starts promptly at 6:15pm and meeting time will end promptly at 8:30pm.
Bonus design and kit for customers who attend all 12 club classes. You’ll get a loyalty card that will be punched for each session you attend to qualify for a bonus 13th design.
What You Need to Bring
- Your embroidery machine in good working order, including your owner’s manual
- Your 5x7 hoop and comparable size(s) for Janome or other brand machines
- USB stick, a computer will be available for you to download the design files you need to your USB
- Notions such as scissors, seam ripper, tweezers, point turner, appliqué scissors, water soluble pen or chalk pencil
- Kimberbell tape
- Extra needles
- Club punch card
- Show & Tell project
- Green, yellow, red, and white embroidery thread (fill one bobbin each with colored embroidery thread)
- White embroidery bobbin thread
- Neutral sewing/quilting thread
Date: Tuesday, November 13, 2018
Time: 6:00pm – 8:30pm
Seats: Maximum of 8 participants
Cost: $45 (includes $25 class fee and $20 material kit)
Register and Pay Online
Please complete name, phone, email and machine for this club class. If you have special needs, such as mobility or dietary, please let us know in the message.
The NWSC Registration & Cancellation Policy can be found on our website.