Learn paper piecing for quilting! Learn to paper piece by completing three separate quilt blocks, which are used to make the Christmas Trees in the Stars wall hanging. The first block you make in class introduces basic paper-piecing and the second and third block introduce star points and matching points.
To ensure you spend time in class, piecing and sewing your wall hanging together, please pre-cut the fabric before attending class, per fabric cutting instructions. If you don’t want to cut fabric for the project, the instructor will provide a materials kit with all pre-cut fabric for $50. Kit includes:
- Pattern with Templates
- All printed paper-piecing blocks
Instructor will supply Bock Templates and two paper-piecing sheets per block to be used in class.
Date: Saturday, November 23
Time:10:00 am to 2:00 pm
Optional Materials Kit: $50 (includes all pre-cut fabric for project)
- Your sewing/quilting machine with accessories in good working order, including your owner’s manual
- ¾ yard – Green fabric
- 1 yard – Red
- 1 yard – White (for background)
- ⅓ yard – Gold
- ¼-in foot and open toe foot
- 50-weight neutral thread
- 12-in Add-A-Quarter ruler
- 12-in rotary cutting ruler
- Rotary cutter – 45 mm or 28 mm
- Small (at least 8-in x 11-in) pressing pad
- Small (at least 8-in x 11-in) cutting mat
- Carol Doak’s Foundation Paper (100 sheets, 8 ½” x 11”)
- Small iron
- Your usual sewing/quilting notions, including washable glue stick, seam ripper, scissors, straight Pins
Register and Pay Online
Please complete name, phone, email and machine to reserve your seat for the class. If you have special needs, such as mobility or dietary, please let us know in the message.
There is a $10 fee if you need to rent a sewing machine for class.
The NWSC Registration & Cancellation Policy can be found on our website.