Use your ScanNCut machine to cut fabric! In this class, you will learn how to secure fabric to your mat, draw 1/4 inch seam lines and cut a quilt design found on your ScanNCut machine. You’ll also learn how you can transfer/convert SVG files provided by embroidery design CDs to create appliqué pieces for your embroidery projects.
Date: Wednesday, October 9, 2019
Time: 6:00pm – 8:30pm
Cost: $35 (includes $30 class fee & $5 material kit)
What You Need to Bring To Class
- Your ScanNCut machine with power cord and all accessories
- NEW, UNUSED, COMPATIBLE standard or low tack mat(s) that you can use only for fabric cutting
- NEW, UNUSED, COMPATIBLE standard blade (or thin fabric auto blade for DX models)
- Blade holder that came with the machine (or thin fabric auto blade holder for DX models)
- Green fabric support sheet that came with the machine/mats (CASTBL2)
- Pen holder (CAUNIPHL1)
- Erasable pen set (CAPEN2)
- Scraper and Stylus that came with the machine
CanvasWorkspace, Laptop, USB & Design CD
- Your fast working laptop with DVD/CD player (or portable DVD/CD player)
- A USB flash drive/memory stick
- Latest version of CanvasWorkspace software downloaded and installed on your laptop
- Online account created for CanvasWorkspace in advance of class
- An embroidery design CD that provides SVG files, e.g. most recently published Kimberbell and/or Anita Goodesign appliqué design CDs
ScanNCut accessories can be bought at NWSC for a 20% discount once you pay for class.
Please note that Brother has discontinued several prior models of DesignNCut/ScanNCut machines. Get the latest ScanNCut machine! Financing is available! Call us at the shop (512) 459-3961 for details.
Register and Pay Online
Please complete name, phone, email and machine to reserve your seat for the class. If you have special needs, such as mobility or dietary, please let us know in the message.
The NWSC Registration & Cancellation Policy can be found on our website.